This App achieved an ORCHA score of 83%.
It was assessed as a Level 1 App. These apps are focussed on general wellbeing but they can collect data and they are likely to have a number of more advanced features. Because they are not health focussed we only assess their compliance in the Data and Security and User Experience domains.
This App does collect data and it is therefore assessed and scored based on its performance in all the sections of our review.
Take control of the data that powers your digital life - and experience the magic of apps designed with digi.me’s private sharing technology.
A new way to power apps with your data - privately
Digi.me is a new way for people to collect data from across their lives and reuse to power apps specially designed with our private sharing technology. There’s never been an easier, more secure, more ethical way for people to share data with apps. First, you have to download digi.me to build your own data library. Then you can explore and download cool apps that respect you and your privacy.
Build your encrypted digi.me data library
Before you share your personal data, you need to pull all that data into a single location under your control. Digi.me help you with this by enabling you to store your data on your cloud service of choice. Currently, these are:
• Google Drive
Once you have chosen your storage, you can then connect the sources where you share your data. Right now we have importers for over 15,000 services including:
# Finance and Banking
• Thousands of banks worldwide
# Fitness and Wellbeing
# Medical Records
• Iceland Department of Health
• Hundreds of US Hospitals
# Social Media, Entertainment and Interests
• UK DVLA MOT History
If there are other storage providers or sources, you would like to see us integrate with please use the in-app feature voting to let us know.
In-app features include:
• Search - search across all data sources by date and time period, by source, and by a person.
• Personal insights - find your top spends, top fitness stats and much more.
• Private Sharing - see what apps you’ve shared your data with, for how long and how your data is being used.
Private Sharing with apps
Digi.me gives you the ability to share your personal data with apps and companies. Each app provides a unique way for you to get value from your data, like convenience, insights, personalisation and offers.
• You control who you share your data with.
• The data sharing is a private, secure transaction between you and the third party.
• You can see who, what, how and where the third party will use your data.
• At any time you can revoke access to your data.
• Our service uses military-grade security to protect your data.
• All integration partners are advised on the best ways to manage your data and work with you for mutual benefit.
Third Party Apps to try out:
• TFP - Looking for a job? Running for office? Getting married? Automatically analyses all your social posts for vulgar or objectional content to see what you might want to delete.
• Sand - Analyses a year’s worth of social media data across Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social sites to analyse your posting habits, including by day and time.
• HealthyMe - Allows users to download all of their medical records, including hospital visits, medication, allergies, vaccinations and diagnoses, into one place where they can easily be searched, viewed, and shared.
• Happy Not Happy - Provides insights on the emotional content and mood of your social media posts over the previous two years.
• SocialSafe - Allows you to import every photo you have ever posted, re-posted, commented on, or liked across every major social network.
• Retina Risk - Diabetes manager that uses your health and device data to help you identify your risk for sight-threatening retinopathy. You can track and monitor disease progression and gain insights into your condition.
• VaxAbroad - Analyzes your immunisation records to see what vaccines you need before traveling to a specific country.
• Finsights - Private and secure financial manager that instantly gives you a window into all of your expenses and spending. Features beautiful, interactive graphs and pie charts.
We have identified that this App provides the following key features
Social Support Networks
The App has its own or provides access to social networks relevant to its area of focus
Alerts And Notifications
The App provides alerts and notifications relevant to its area of focus
The App allows you to share information in the App with others or other Apps/Systems
The App allows you to record relevant wellbeing information either manually or automatically using connected Apps or devices
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
This review area looks at what information an App collects from you, what it does with that information and how secure is its handling of that data. For some Apps this is only a minor issue as they don’t gather much information. Other Apps can gather lots of very personal and sensitive information and for these it is important to know how they go about handling this.
The data collected about you is capable of identifying that it relates to you
The type of data that it collects is classified as sensitive data.
(Identifiable and Sensitive) - Because of the type of data that this App collects it is particularly important that the App takes the security and privacy of that data seriously and only enables others to see or share this information if you have expressly consented to this.
The App does state that it won't share your data in any way with other people without your consent.
The App does allow you to share information in the App with other Apps, systems, organisations or users.
The App does encrypt the information it collects to make it safe from other people as it is transferred from the App.
The App does encrypt the information it collects to make it safe from other people as it is retained by the the developer.
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
This Review Area looks at how an App has been designed to support the overall user experience. This includes its availability on both primary platforms, how customisable the App is, how well it caters for end users with different capabilities and needs – such as visual or other impairments – how content is managed, how well supported the App is and what it costs. This area also looks at overall User Review scores from both platforms.
It wasn'tclear from our review that the App had been through end user testing as part of its design and development.
The App does provide customisable features.
End user capacity
The App does provide support for users with poor sight.
The App does provide support for users with hearing difficulties.
The App doesn't appear to have a clear approach to dealing with user issues.
The App is entirely free to use.